Friday, April 2, 2010

His Death + Isaiah 53

Right now I'm in Moffitt Library (the underground mainstacks area) studying with Christine. I just had lunch at Gypsy's with Sam, Linda, and Helen (Dawson and Christine joined us a little later).

I think I'm beginning to get sick, probably because of stress and being a bit under the (rainy) weather. My throat felt kinda funky when I woke up this morning, plus I'm feeling slightly headachy and sore and fatigued, and I've been blowing my nose all day and it feels hot inside my nasal cavity.

Today is Good Friday. About 2000 years ago, Someone died a painful death on a cross. You could call it an "unjust" death, since He did absolutely nothing wrong to deserve it (nor any of the ridicule, floggings, torture, and sufferings beforehand). Those who are ignorant may think of what He did as sillyness or stupidity. But me, I see His death as the ultimate act of love and sacrifice from God and utterly perfect obedience of the Son.

For it was the death of Jesus Christ (and His RESURRECTION three days later!) that brought forgiveness of sins and salvation of souls to mankind.

Isaiah 53

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment