Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do Hard Things

That's the title of a Christian book that I heard was pretty good. But I never read it so I wouldn't know myself.

But tomorrow morning I'm going to do a hard thing. At least for me, it's a very difficult thing to do. Something that I thought a lot about the latter part of this week and prayed about. Something that I wasn't planning on doing until Wednesday night. In the end, I am still not 100% comfortable about doing it but I figure this is a chance for me to die to my own comfort for the sake of showing love and support to a sister whom I love. This is a chance for God to stretch me so that I will be better prepared to face even harder things in the future.

Please pray for me. Please pray that I may have peace, that I need not feel fear or awkwardness or anxiety or discomfort. Please pray that I may focus on Him and be able to worship Him in full and in truth.

Again, I am just reminded that it's all about God. It's all about God and His gaze upon me. I could care less about what man might think or say.


Psalm 46:1 - God is [my] refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

3 comments:

  1. I have that book! Wanna borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes maybe, thanks in advance. let's go biking this week. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes that's rights! again thanks for comin' yesterday. i felt so privileged with my beautiful rose singlet sticking out of my backpack ;) i know it was difficult for you, but in the end...what man thinks of us...couldn't matter less. so liberated knowing that!

    ReplyDelete