Friday, April 23, 2010

Conversation with Daddy

20:59. That's how long I spent talking to daddy just at first, which already means a lot to me because he can be a man of few words sometimes. Or sometimes when we talk, I get the feeling that he's not interested in listening to what I want to say. He just came back last night from Macau/Hong Kong. My grandfather recently passed away so he went back to spend time with my grandma. I haven't talked to dad for almost three weeks and have missed him dearly. I really enjoyed and appreciated our conversation today. It really was very pleasant. I wish all our talks could always be like the one we had, with the same kind of love, caring, willingness, patience, and God-centeredness.

My favorite part of the conversation was towards the end when we were about to hang up:

Dad: (in Chinese) Okay, goodbye. Take care of yourself. (then in English) I... I love you.

Ting-Ting (happily touched): I LOVE YOU TOO! DADDY I'M SO GLAD YOURE BACK! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!

Dad: I miss you too.

:)

1 comment: