Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chill Day

Broke fast this morning at 9am but ended up having diarrhea... twice =/

Was feeling quite famished last night but this morning I felt pretty okay. I think I could've lasted more than 30 hours w/o food but I figured I outta eat something since I would be taking a Chinese test for a couple hours later and needed energy for that. So I cooked three eggs and some corn and had some orange juice.

This morning from 9:30-11:30am I took this fancy-schmancy "Test of Proficiency-Huayu" along with my other "gao-ji" classmates (as Li Laoshi calls us). The exam actually costs $30 per student but we didn't have to pay (I think it's b/c of our "UC Berkeley" status). Twas quite a difficult exam with 120 questions, and I was at about #95 when they called time so I had to bubble in whatever at the end for ~25 questions... HOW LAME -_____- The listening part was difficult because they speak quickly and do not repeat the questions. And since I'm a native Cantonese speaker, sometimes I don't understand what the words mean in Mandarin. And now I feel that my Cantonese has sorta worsened because of Mandarin (I start saying stuff in Cantorin now). But I guess the cool part after the exam was that they let us keep the cool black pencils we used during the test :D

Right now I'm at the East Asian Library (after having gone to both VLSB AND Doe libraries, only to find that they're closed).

Have a feeling that today is gonna be pretty mellow and chill for me, which is fine since I have a ton of assignments and writing to do. The weather outside is quite gloomy as well, gray skies and cold air. I actually kinda hope that it pouring rains. Rain all that it wants until April 25 (or whenever daddy comes back from Macau).

Drawing near to my sweet Jesus during this TAWG.

No comments:

Post a Comment