Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The End is Near

The end of college for me, that is. Well, the end of my undergrad years at least. Hopefully (God willing) I can go onto graduate school sometime in the near future, namely nursing school.

Yesterday I bought my tassle. *tear* Mannn the tassle itself was only $8 but I ended up paying $13 because in order to get the drop-down button thingy that actually says "Class of 2010", you need to pay more. HOW LAME -_____- That little dinky button thingy should not cost $5 bucks. And as I was in the Cal Student Store, I looked around and saw all these COOL CAL MEMORABILIA and I wanted them. Wanted ALL of them. MUAHAHAHA! hehe but everything was super duper expensive, plus I figured I didn't really NEED anything. I just WANTED it. Especially a Cal waterbottle!!!!! But THAT I might actually need since I do not have a usable, sturdy, good water bottle at the moment. Please go on sale...

And right now I'm working on my very last Social Welfare policy paper of my undergrad career. Writing about low-income children and their lack of access to health care, which is a social problem that I am passionate about. Also examining SCHIP (State Children's Health Insurance Program), which is a dominant policy that addresses this area. Even though it's a pretty tough research paper, I'm trying to savor the process of researching and writing. Tough grader, too, as Professor Terrell is a Professor Emeritus who has tons and tons of Social Welfare policy experience under his belt. Also the author of one of our texts. (Such a cute old man btw, you should come to my SW112 lectures and see for yourself!)

Wow, what a full week this week, one of more to come in fact. 2 midterms, 2 papers, busy weekdays, booked weekends, little sleep.

Please continue to pray for Kyrgyzstan!

I'm going to start saying this over and over again in my posts to come but here goes the first time: I'M REALLY GONNA MISS CAL!!!!!

1 comment: