Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I feel nocturnal.

So I was walking home about half an hour ago down the dark quiet streets of Berkeley. Alone. Was I scared? Mmmm kinda, but at the same time not THAT much. I felt brave and bold (and hyper-vigilant). I snuck outta the Changs' apartment and purposely did not ask any of the brothers to walk me back cuz most of them were also cramming for finals tomorrow so I didn't wanna bother them. So I just quietly crept out the door, hoping no one would hear or notice. Up I walk on Blake in the middle of the street (no way was I gonna walk on the sidewalk at this late hour!), with my cell phone dialed-up to 911 in my right hand. Just in case.

About a block before I hit Telegraph, I hear the familiar sound of a bike coming up behind me. I turn around and lo and behold! Who do I see? None other than my faithful buddy the crazybumlunatic :]

At that moment when I saw Nehemiah, I felt 1)kinda upset at myself that my mission to walk home solo and not bother anyone had failed but also 2)relief and thanksgiving in my heart. Yeuppp, I give thanks to God for good friends in my life.

WOWOWZERS definitely a crazy finals week to remember foshurrrre.

1 comment: