Saturday, May 22, 2010

Foul Mouth.

CRAP.

Lately, I've been finding myself muttering this bad word under my breath (and sometimes even outloud) A LOT A LOT.


Getting upset/frustrated at a situation.

CR@P.

Oversleeping and being late to work.

CR@P.

Spilling ketchup on my white shirt today.

CR@P.

Accidentally dropping a C&H sugar packet into my coffee.

CR@P.

Hurting my butt by sitting on my jagged keys that I didn't see on the chair.

CR@P.

Checking my final grades on Bearfacts and finding out I got one C and many Bs.

CR@PPPPP!

=/

I dunno about you but I consider "cr@p" an inappropriate word that is quite coarse-sounding and also does not really bring God any glory. (Plus I used to NEVER say it!) And it's just a vulgar way to say "poo". So why use it then? Along with the bajillion other swear words/profanity/inappropriate language? Well, these are just my beliefs. The Bible does teach us in Ephesians 4:29:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

And Ephesians 5:4 says:

Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

I really need to watch my mouth and what comes out of it. Outloud and even under my breath.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean... I struggle with the same thing. It's usually just thoughts of the word but that's still not glorifying God in any way.

    ReplyDelete