Monday, January 4, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

So I just returned home from a jog through beautiful Golden Gate Park. The weather today in San Francisco could pass as "alright", I guess, considering how cold, foggy, and windy it can get, not to mention gray-colored skies :( But today, there was a relatively clear blue sky and tints of sunlight (even though it was still pretty cold to me). So yeah, I took my usual run... errr I should say "jog", since I no longer consider myself a hardcore runner anymore... although I made quite a few stops and walked because I haven't jogged/exercised for a couple weeks now :P I do plan to go running... err jogging... hopefully every day for the rest of Winter break to "get back in shape" (whatever that means) and just be healthy.

But anyway, getting to the surprise part... so a few minutes ago, I ding-donged the doorbell to my home because I didn't bring my keys with me, knowing that my Daddy has a day-off from work today and that he'll open the door for me. Daddy opens the door for me, I take off my new Asics running shoes (New Year's present from Daddy), I enter the house and see him sitting comfortably on our sofa in the living room... READING THE BIBLE!!! :] That makes me real happy.

Then he says to me in Chinese something that would translate in English, "Dude, Adam lived to be 930 years old... geez..." I lightly chuckle and reply, "Yes Daddy... did you know Methuselah lived to be even older... 969 years?" He thought I made a mistake. I whip out my Bible, flip to Genesis chapter 5 verse 27, and prove to my Dad that I was right.

Thank you God for moving Daddy to read Your precious Word today. And thank you for even these short but sweet moments of bonding between him and me.

Okay, I'm gonna go pick up my Mommy from work and Sam (little brother) from school now! Stay tuned for more postings :D (Wow, this is fun! ^.^ )

No comments:

Post a Comment