Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Day

Here's a recount of what I did today:

1) Woke up around 10:15am (kinda late) due to Mom's gentle opening of my room door and asking me if I wanted to go to Kaiser with her to get new glasses and contact lenses for myself.
2) Without first brushing my teeth and washing my face, I turned on my computer to check email (been waiting for sort of an "important" email from my volunteer manager).
3) Brushed my teeth, washed my face, fixed the toilet because it was making some weird water noises, and skipped breakfast (really bad).
4) Spent quite some time on the computer, that is until Mom encouraged me to get offline as she headed out the door for work.
5) Made some lunch while I watched Phantom of the Opera on DVD (present from my cousin, Ray). It was SOME musical indeed. Sooooo romantic though, which is not good for me at the moment. Man, the phantom was pretty mean during some parts, but you gotta feel sorry for him, especially after what he's been through and what happens at the end of the movie. Sorry if I ruined anything for you.
6) Finished "wrapping" a packaged letter to my penpal in England and then made a trip to the post office to mail it to the UK (UNITED KINGDOM!) along with another letter to a friend in Socal. I really like the feeling of standing in line at the post office to mail something. Like it even more if the line is short.
7) As I'm heading up the stairs to the gate of my house, I heard the sound of a little boy shouting "SSSSSISTERRRRR!!!" I turned around and saw in the distant my 12-year-old brother, Sam, as he crosses the street onto the street of our house. What a nice sight :] He came home early (didn't go to his afterschool program today because he had no homework), and I was happy to see him because quite frankly, I was feeling JUST A BIT lonely today inside my house.
8) Went upstairs to my grandma's for awhile and helped her massage her neck and shoulders. She told me about her day, as well as the plot of the Chinese drama she was watching on TV. I told her that I would accompany her to see the physical therapist next Wednesday in Chinatown.
9) Sam and I took a jog in Golden Gate Park. My performance was better today than Monday's :) By the time we finished our run, the sky was already dark. Then we went home and did 50 sit-ups each.
10) Took a shower cause I was sweaty and coldddd. My house in SF is soooo coldddd.
11) Kinda got in minor trouble because I didn't cook dinner, so I helped cook vegetables and prepare dinner.
12) Watched some television after dinner, an episode of One Tree Hill and GossipGirl actually, shows that I never regularly watch. But I know a bunch of people who are like hooked fans -____- so I gave it a shot. I must admit, all the actors and actresses were pretty glamorous, but the plots were so dramatic and their lifestyles revolved around such superficial things... kinda sickening how people can get obsessed with feasting their eyes on shows like these.
13) Checked email/facebook/Gchatted with a couple of friends, mostly from Socal. Realized that I would most likely be in Socal the weekend of Jan 29-31... pretty excited about that. Man, I kinda wanna move down there. I've been a Norcal girl my whole life, sorta wanna experience life in Socal. Perhaps I'll attend nursing school somewhere Socal. Guess I'll have to see where God leads me...
14) It's already past midnight and I realize I still haven't done my Quiet Time today =( REALLY REALLY BAD. Futhermore, I still want to write to my friend in Singapore, plus a bunch of Thank You cards to my fellow Planning Committee members of WCCCC.

*sigh* Tomorrow will be a new day. I will make a sincere effort to start off my day with the first item of #14.

No comments:

Post a Comment