Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lost Card, but I Found It

Late last night (or should I say early this morning), instead of being asleep in my bed, I was rummaging through my stuff that I had stowed beside my bed. I stumbled across pictures taken from my junior year at Cal. It was bittersweet reminiscing on these past memories. I also found lots and lots of old mail that I deeply treasured and had kept well. I ended up rereading many of these letters and postcards sent from dear friends all the way from England, Singapore, Socal… If you don’t already know, I’m a huge fan of writing letters the OLD FASHIONED way, as in paper and pen and SNAIL MAIL hehehe :D (Hey, what can I say, I’m a traditional type of gal =P) I just love writing to my friends and relatives and sending them cards and “surprise packages” that will hopefully brighten up their day even just a little bit. And it’s really fun and exciting every time I receive something in my own mailbox, too! But this past semester starting in the summer, I’ve sort of taken a hiatus in letter-writing because of some deep issues I was going through. Heck, during that time I felt like I had lost total interest in many hobbies, let alone letter-writing, and was afraid that I might be stuck that way forever, but thank God for restoring many of my interests back to me. I sure intend to write some letters over this break before school starts again.

So after about 45 minutes of reading through old letters and then putting them back in their respective envelopes and packing everything up again by my bedside, my mind suddenly remembers a particular card that I had received from someone. For some reason though, I couldn’t seem to find it right away. I had already gone through the whole stack of these “highly treasured mail”, which I had kept all bunched together, but I didn’t recall coming across the card. I decide to browse through the stack once more, just in case the card was hidden in there somewhere. No card to be found. Scratch that. Actually I found many cards, but not THAT card that I was specifically looking for. Then a light bulb goes off in my head and I suddenly remember where the card might be. Jackpot. Indeed, it was inside the right pocket of a folder that I had also placed by my bedside. I eagerly take the card out of its envelope and read it. Prior to finding it, I knew this card was important to me. But as I reread its contents, I remembered even more why I valued this card so much.

I love everything about this card: the design, the printed text, the handwriting, what was written in it. The cover of the card reads “Bloom Where God Plants You”. I wish I could say that this card is important to me because of what the cover reads and also the reminder that “We all grow best in the soil of God’s Love” (this is what the inside of the card reads). But truthfully, I think this card means a lot to me because of the sender.

No comments:

Post a Comment