Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 6 of Parentless

Woke up around 9am this morning, even though I think I went to bed really late last night, like close to 4am I think! I don't even remember what time. But I stayed up watching LOTR: The Two Towers (extended DVD version). Just finished Disc 1, half-way there. I've been meaning to watch that after watching LOTR: The Fellowship of the Rings. Plus, I really wanted to get my mind off something so I figured a good movie would help...

I guess I'm sorta tired but I'm okay. Did Bible study with Sam before he took off to meet his friends at Beach Chalet. Such a busy 8th grader, that boy. Yesterday he just came back from his 8th grade class trip to Six Flags Marine World, and today he's going to his friend's bday party at Great America and not coming back till late. But I'm kinda glad that there's so much going on for him. I want him to have fun and enjoy his last days of middle school. But yeah... was super glad to have the chance to study God's Word with him this morning through examining Apostle Peter and his character. (Last night I attended my friends' fellowship in Chinatown and we did a character study on Peter through difference passages of the Bible. I thought it was a very good study so I wanted to share that with Sam.)

Heading out to Berkeley later this afternoon. Gonna catch up with some people so pretty looking forward to that, and then I'll be sleeping over in Emeryville at Vicky's with Moon (wish Michelle was there!!!). Girls' night = fun fun fun! :D

Was listening to this song called "Blessings" by Laura Story (a few of my friends posted stuff on their fb so I decided to check it out). Hearing the story behind her song, I was touched by this quote:
"Could God possibly be blessing us through NOT giving us the things we are praying for?"

Was chatting with a friend online on the topic of surrender. He shared:
just fyi
if you ever get to the point where it is clear that you're not going to get it
either in a specific instance or overall
then if you've been preparing your heart for that
there's a certain quiet satisfaction at least
in that peace

Well, whatever that's going to happen... I know that I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment