Friday, April 21, 2017

Secret Heartache

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

It's still hard sometimes at Friday night Bible studies, seeing him from afar, but him not seeing nor noticing nor coming up to talk to me.  I try to not let it show as I converse and fellowship with other GOCers or newcomers.  Not sure what's going through his mind, sometimes I wonder if I ever even cross it anymore.  The words coming from his mouth on the night of the breakup "Don't wait around for me" still haunt me sometimes with a fresh sting each time, yet that was what he said.

For a while, you had me.  Did you not want to keep me?  Was I not worth it to you in the end?  Why...?

Moving on and letting go is not easy for me, but the necessary and right thing to do right now.  I must trust and obey God and keep my eyes focused on Him only right now, no one and nothing else.


No comments:

Post a Comment