Sunday, April 16, 2017

Resurrection Day

2017 has not been a "good year" circumstantially thusfar.  Over the past few months God has sovereignly allowed some fiery trials in my life.  These include: a very stressful relationship with a very godly brother that lasted about 3 months which ended in a painful breakup last month, an unexpected death in my family, burn-out from work from heavy, challenging, difficult patient assignments and just the constant stressful demands of being a nurse, and physical issues (back/shoulder/neck pain - likely as a result from being chronically overused at work, and accumulated stress in general from everything that's been happening all at once in my life).  It's been a hard time, but I am clinging to the Lord and praying for greater faith in Him, as well as spiritual lenses of faith to see all the good in these trials.  I feel very very weak these days.  I can't remember the last time I woke up without feeling physically unwell, pain-free, and not assailed by the Enemy's attacks.  It's been a constant active battle of the mind to think on Truth.  But I am also experiencing much of God's strength, power, and grace working in me.  His Spirit that indwells me supplies a resiliency that I didn't know I possessed until I am tried.  And someone recently shared with me that the faith tried is the faith true.  I have never longed for my death (so that I can go Home and be reunited in Heaven with Christ) as much as I have this year.  I am so so soooo utterly needy and dependent on God.  He is teaching me so much each and every day.  Though He slays me, yet still I will praise and worship Him!  May I continue to suffer well, learn well, wait patiently and well on behalf of the One who died - and rose! - for me, who ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of God looking down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment