Saturday, April 22, 2017

Maybe this could be written on my tombstone

Words borrowed from the great late William Borden:

No reserves. No retreat. No regrets. Apart from Christ, there is no explanation for such a life.

Lord, my sincere prayer to You before I go to sleep tonight is that You would grant me the resolve to live with all my might FOR YOUR GLORY.  These days I find it hard to live, silly and strange as it may sound. Trials and difficult circumstances have revealed the substance of my faith.  I need so much more of You every minute.  Please increase my faith.  Help me to believe in You and Your best plans for me, to stand firm on Your promises, even though I might not see nor understand at the moment.

Help me to live by faith and not by sight. -2 Corinthians 5:7

When I die, if anyone even remembers me, I want to be remembered by my faithfulness and obedience to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment