Thursday, March 23, 2017

Unexpectedly Sick

Written on 3/21/2017 but forgot to post

---

Well, God's timing sure is unbeatable.  Woke up at 6:30am this morning feeling not good, especially since I had just gone to sleep less than 4 hours ago.  My throat was throbbing and my nose was a bit runny, which later turned into sneezing.  I may have caught a cold from Samuel, who probably caught it from either Laura or her 2 year old daughter Sophie (who we call Squirmy) when we delivered dinner and spent time with them last Thursday night since they had recently just welcomed another newborn into their lives.

There I was, 6:30am in the morning, feeling sick (I probably caught a cold), thinking about how I'm supposed to leave in about 4 hours to drive back to LA... I came outside and met my dad eating breakfast in the kitchen before he left for work at about 7:30am and explained my dilemma to him.  After pointing out that I probably got sick from Sam and voicing a bit of his disapproval of how we watched a movie last night sitting next to one another and how Sam should have either worn a mask or I should not have sat so close to him (dad is right on both accounts -_- not sure why I didn't think of those things last night -_-), he suggested that I stay one more night here and spend today resting, and that I should return to LA tomorrow.  I concurred that was the best idea and was even secretly relieved that I could afford to stay one more day at home before making the trek back to LA tomorrow in time for CBS at night.

It's 6:00pm now, the sun is shining brightly.  Quite a contrast from the harsh rainy, stormy weather last night which carried over to early this morning when I first awoke.  I am happy that the showers stopped though because that means daddy won't be drenched in rain while working.  God is so good.  I've been taking NyQuil q4h and napping during the intervals.  My main symptoms are sore throat and nasal issues, not to mention a bit of aches and pains to my lower back.  But nothing compared to how I was feeling soooo sick earlier last month and ended up in urgent care (that was probably the dreadful influenza).

No comments:

Post a Comment