Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Heartbroken... again

It's back to You and me, God

3/6/2017

Dear Satan, I hope you are reading this.  These days my heart is very very grieved, aching, vulnerable, broken, messy.  You might be cheering in delight at my messed-up state, for you think that I am weak and prone to attack, inclined to stumble and fall into sin by giving into my flesh... yes, it is true that I am in the aforementioned state... BUT I want you to know that I have a great Savior who so happens to be the commander of a great army of saints, of which I am a soldier.  And He is fighting for me; I need only be still.  We are all resilient troopers fighting on God's side.  We are loyal to our King and Master, and we will never - let me repeat - NEVER betray, deny, turn our backs on Him... no matter what!  Treason is not an option.  Not for this heart of mine, not for this body.  You can kill me, but you will never have possession of my heart.  I have long since given it to One who has vowed to never leave nor forsake me, He has promised to take care of me, to only give me the best no matter what happens.  He has loved me enough to give His own life, and continues to love me with a covenental agape that is unmatched.  I can find none other like Him in this world.  Though my flesh and my heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Though I am weak, He is strong.  Though I am incapable, He is mighty and able.  Even though I am sorely disappointed, wounded, let down by man once again, I know that I will be okay... because I have placed my trust in the Living God, the maker of Heaven and earth and every human being.  He is still sitting on His throne ruling over all.  Satan, you will not reign in my heart.  I will not listen to your lies, I will not accept your accusations, I will not believe your deceit.  I will not succumb to your temptations to sin.  You want to make me doubt God's character, His sovereign care for me, His wise and perfect plans for my life, you want me to harbor hatred and bitterness against K along with other brothers and sisters who have wounded me deeply in the past, you want me to wallow in self pity, to get lost and trapped in my own fluctuating emotions, to be burdened and weighed down by grief, anxiety, fear, depression, worry, anger, guilt, bitterness.  But I say no to all that.  NO!!!  And yes to Christ.  I will not listen to a single word you whisper into my ear, I will not let you plant a single seed into my head.  I will not believe what you tell me.  Rather, I believe in Jesus Christ.  He is the Son of God, who has shed his own blood for my sin, he paid the price for my iniquity so that I may live and be reconciled to God.  My citizenship and permanent residence shall be in Heaven, and I look forward to the day where I can finally be reunited with my Lord and Savior.  The blessed day when freed from sinning I shall see His lovely face, when my faith shall be made sight.  I know that I am dearly and deeply loved by God, and nothing can nor will ever change that.  But until then, I will daily fight the good fight.  I have counted the cost, I will take up my cross daily, deny myself, and follow Jesus.  

May Jesus Christ be praised always and forever!!!

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." -Psalm 63:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment