Monday, March 29, 2010

Slightly Burdened

God, why I am such a jerk? I just lost my patience with Mom over the phone. Ughhh what a horrible feeling of remorse after she hung up, especially as I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, which so happened to be deliciously homecooked food that I had brought back from Spring Break, made with love by her =( I think Mom was understanding and gracious, despite my rude impatience and tone, because she knew I was feeling a little bit stressed, especially since I've been lacking good sleep (average 4-5 hours the past few nights and last night) and my Spring Break literally flew by and it was NOT really restful nor as productive as I had hoped it would be since I was quite busy and went to LA for meeting/hangout. And tomorrow I have a midterm for physiology which I'm quite nervous about since I don't really think I grasp all the concepts yet. Plus a Chinese oral presentation on Wed (which we were supposed to present today but ran out of time to =/ ). And within the next 2 weeks I have THREE looooong research papers due. Plus booked weekends.

There are only 5 weeks left of school, and it really feels like it's all downhill from here, as in MAJOR CRUNCH TIME for me. Soooo much work and assignments and tests piling up, plus graduation is around the corner, and mission training/preparing for VSET as summer approaches, and I haven't nearly had time to do the many things that I wanted to do in Berkeley before I leave (esp this being my last semester of college) as well as things that I NEED to do (i.e. job search, nursing school apps/pre-reqs, letters of recs, planning for next year, etc). Suddenly for the first time this semester I begin to feel slightly overwhelmed/nervous about how much I have to do and how on Earth will I find time/manage to complete everything and everything well? Not to mention have time to hangout with friends and have fun and enjoy life these final days of senior year? Will I be able to finish strong?

But I know: Philippians 4:13.

And lately my mind's been sorta bothered by this one thing. Sometimes I feel like it consumes me. Sometimes I think of it intentionally, sometimes I try hard not to but it's still on my mind subconsciously and haunts me. Sigh. God, help me to surrender. Lift this thing off me. Do liberate, please.

Wow. What a blahhhhh Monday. First day back from Spring Break, not so hot (both in the figurative AND literal sense).

Doing my QTs right now and just read Psalm 27 outloud, which made me tear up. Whatever happens now, tomorrow during my midterm, throughout the course of these 5 weeks of school, this summer on VSET, in the future...

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

If you're reading this, PLEASE pray for me. That would be greatly appreciated (and much needed)! and PLEASE read Psalm 27 (entire chapter).

No comments:

Post a Comment