Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Encouraged

Today I awoke at 6:45am to the sound of my cell phone alarm. Not surprisingly, I snoozed for 20 more minutes but knew I had to get up soon so I can cram more for my human physiology midterm which would take place at 8:10am. I was super duper sleepy and my eyes were like clam shells that did not want to open up, but my will was finally able to overcome my body as I lugged myself out of bed.

So (as kinda expected) the test was not so great. I definitely did a lot of guessing for about half the exam (there was a total of 50 questions). I was not sure about my answers for many of them but was TOTALLY uncertain about 11 questions, by the side of which I made little tick marks on the scantron. But praise the Lord that the test is over, and even though I do feel this feeling of disappointment and =/ in my heart, I just pray that God shows me His grace and helps me to be able to own up to whatever grade I end up getting, especially since I was quite under-prepared for this test. I also pray that I may be a good steward of my time for the rest of today and this week, as I have a lot of work to get done.

Hey, the sun has moved out of the clouds. I see some sunlight outside my window, though it's not like the super bright yellow that I love but hey, better than rainfall.

So yeah, even though I'm super duper drained of energy, fatigued, and sleepy right now, I'm pretty encouraged by the kindness and love God has shown to me immediately right after my test. The first person I talked to was Mom (who has a day off from work today) and she's usually always a good source of encouragement and support for me. Second was my friend Chris from Cal Poly SLO. Sometimes I call him President Choi :] He gave me a verse from Jeremiah 17:7-8 to encourage me. Ah, what a refreshing passage from the Word. And as I was looking at these two verses from Jeremiah, I saw the two verses in 9-10 that follow it - another comforting affirmation from God.

Perhaps I shall do my QT today through Jeremiah 17 and take just a liiittle detour off of 1 Corinthians and Deuteronomy (which I have been doing my Quiet Times through).


Jeremiah 17:7-10
7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.

8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

10 "I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
according to what his deeds deserve."



Super Cool Ninja from my friend's car
I really like this, especially the white styrofoamy scarf thingy around his neck - so cute! :D Plus, it reminds me of my Gmail background.

1 comment:

  1. Something that helps me after an exam is to just let it go. At this point, you can't do anything about the exam but you can prepare for the next one. It's entirely by God's grace I can do this. I'm sure He has a way for you as well.

    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
    - Romans 15:13

    And that ninja is awesome!

    ReplyDelete