Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Thoughts On Hair

So I'm at work right now. My first task is usually to check and respond to all emails (Mannn as I opened up Safari, there were 96 emails in the inbox today! Took me over an hour to get through all that.) I work in the Art Dept on UC Berkeley campus on Mon mornings and Wed afternoons. So this past Monday I called in early and left a voicemail to inform my boss that I couldn't come in for work because I just had wayyyyyy too much leftover work that I did not complete over Spring Break >.< So this afternoon, my boss Robert tells me that I sounded so different on the phone... he says that I sounded older, like a 28-year old from LA but that I sound much younger in person. HAHAHA!

YAY! Praise the Lord! So today my group finally did our koutoubaogao (oral presentation) in Chinese class about Lushan, which is this super famously beautiful and majestic mountain in Jiangxi province in China. Li Laoshi (my teacher who is super qualified to teach Chinese and who has high expectations for her students) COMPLIMENTED our group (rare event!) and said that we did a good job! She especially liked the way we presented the information on Lushan, how we used "conversational" Chinese and vocab and phrases that our audience could understand as opposed to some groups who used super fancy and scholarly Chinese words and sentences that she claimed were probably copied off of Chinese-Wikipedia =P PTL!

So ummm I just realized that my hair seems to be super straight today, but I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary to it. Just washed it last night as usual with Dove shampoo and conditioner (my favorite!) and blew-dry afterwards. I've had girls ask me if I straighten my hair. My response is always nope. I don't even own a hair straightener! Sometimes I wish my hair WASN'T that naturally straight. And now that my hair is growing out and is super long and straight, sometimes it looks quite plain and dead -___- And my hair is also super thick. When I was younger, I wished that I had thin hair like all the other girls. Sometimes I wish my hair was more voluminous and wavy and ALIVE-looking hehe...

Okay okay, time to come back now, Frances... Actually, instead of wishing my hair was this way or that, I should be THANKFUL that I even HAVE any hair, especially as I remember many people out there who are suffering from diseases or undergoing treatments that cause hair loss :( Right now I'm growing out my hair and am planning to chop it off and donate it a 4th time before I go on missions this summer. I usually donate to an organization called Locks of Love, which is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss. But if any of you know of any other worthy causes or organizations to which I can donate my hair, please lemme know!

But yeah, I still don't get how girls (and guys?) can spend hours in front of the mirror in the mornings fixing their hair. To me, that's SUCH a waste of time... Plus, hair is nothing but just a bunch of dead cells made of keratin, which should not be worth that much of our time.

If you ask me, Jesus is wayyyyyyy more worthy of our time than our hair =]

2 comments:

  1. Good job with your Chinese presentation! I also don't understand how someone can take so much time to fix their hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks President Choi :] Yeah, maybe we should all just shave our heads! That'll surely decrease the time that we spend primping ourselves...


    okay jk about the shaved-heads part :P

    ReplyDelete