Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recentering Myself

Just got home afterschool. (What happened to the warm yellow sun-shiney sun?!) So today throughout my physiology lecture, I couldn't help but inadvertently space out (on and off) on my professor while he was lecturing. Twas pretty bad... especially because I'm sorta lost about the renal system and renal exchange mechanisms and regulation of renal output and blah blah blah... but I couldn't help my mind from wandering off, daydreaming about something...... or someone. YYYeaahhh so pretty much opposite of what I want my heart to be doing at this point in my life. Especially because I made a commitment to God. So after class in the library, I turned to the Word and re-read one of my favorite passages in Psalm 73:25-26:

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

My flesh and heart have certainly failed today (and many days in the past as well), but I'm so glad that God is the strength of my heart. He's the One who helps me focus and get back on track and not think about ________. He's the One who loves me forever and is jealous for my love and attention. He's the One who is my security and joy and provision, my portion forever. And He's the One who still loves me even when I do think about _______ (but don't want to!) because He's the eternal Lover of my soul. I'm so blessed to be loved by my Creator King -- to be His beloved. And right now, He's the One who is gonna help me re-center myself back onto Himself.

Okay I'm gonna go practice guitar now for a little bit and then get cracking on my physio lab report on the renal system (gotta appreciate 'em kidneys!!). Praying that I won't think about _______..... and watching The Adjustment Bureau last night certainly doesn't help my situation because as much as I don't wanna admit it, I think I sometimes am sort of a hopeless romantic and a sucker for Hollywood romantic stuff (some). But now, back to building a barricade/fort around my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment