Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June First Two Thousand and Ten

Today is June 1, 2010. Already. In less than half a month I will be serving the Lord overseas in Kyrgyzstan and China. Will I die? Will I get arrested? Only God knows...

Yesterday I officially moved out of my apartment and left Berkeley and moved back home to San Francisco. Twas quite sad. Bittersweet ='(

Went to the ortho today to check-up on my retainers. After that, walked down Polk Street to the Geary bus-stop. Thought of my Berkeley ICA peers. I went to Forever 21 (hah I wish!) to buy a few tank tops to wear underneath T-shirts. Figured that I'll probably be needing them on V-SET.

Then I went into Sephora, this huuuuge glamorous make-up store. Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually wanted to by some MAKE-UP! (Hey, every girl wants to be beautiful!) Went to the BareMinerals section. Had no idea how to apply that make-uppy powdery foundation stuff nor which ones you put on first second and third nor which ones I should buy nor which ones matched my skin tone and yadayadayada... Tried putting this pretty gliterry eye shadow stuff on my eyelids. WHOA BABY, I think I messed up.

Doode. I'm 22 and still never bought or owned my own make-up before. Nor do I know how to put make-up on. Kinda sad. Or maybe not.

I still believe that natural beauty is the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frances-

    Isn't it exciting to know that you will be serving overseas!? Yes, only God knows and He asks us to be obedient and follow Him wherever He takes you. Be prepared to go wherever He leads. I almost got arrested when I went on VSET 2006, but God has His grace and hand upon my teammate and I. We were able to "escape" after the officials allowed us to leave the campus. Please add me to your update list. I want to pray for you this summer! :)

    It's okay Frances. I didn't know how to put on make-up until someone showed me. I only started learning when I became a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. Haha! I'm a late bloomer.

    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete