Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Miss Kyrygyzstan.

I really really miss Talas and Bishkek and the time spent there this summer and the missionaries we met overseas. Most importantly, I miss my students :(

Today at the bus-stop, this dude on a bike rode up to me. He asked me how to get to Eddy+Leavenworth street. I told him to take the bus but he insisted he wanted to ride his bike there. I told him it was very far and would probably take him an hour. As he thanked me and was about to ride off, I asked him "Do you speak Russian?" (He looked Asiany but something about the way he spoke English reminded me of my students in Kyrgyzstan.) To my delight, he responded "yes" and so I said "hello" to him in Russian. I asked if he was from Kyrgyzstan. He said he was from Kazakhstan (Almaty). My face lit up and I told him that I went to Almaty this summer (didn't get to mention that we were only there for a day though) and that I was in Kyrgyzstan teaching English. We literally talked for only a minute longer because the bus came and I had to leave and he biked off.

There is such a strong nostalgia in my heart for Kyrgyzstan... I know that things might be different from what I experienced on V-SET this summer if/when I go back, my students might be different or some not even there anymore, I myself might be different, things might change, it might not be God's will for me to return... but still, I wanna go back so badly. Hopefully when I go back and see my students and team leader, my Russian would be better than the little that I've learned so far from class every day.

If I had a load of money right now, I would:
-Buy a bike
-Buy a car
-Give it to friends who really need it
-Buy airplane tickets to fly back to Kyrgyzstan

No comments:

Post a Comment