Sunday, October 17, 2010

God sure LOVES me

WHOAAA what an intense, emotional, tears-filled, but nonetheless God-glorifying weekend. I'm thankful for the work the Holy Spirit has been and is still doing in me. It's been tough and painful and at times feels like I'm all breaking up into shreds inside and I take lots and lots and lots of deep breaths because it's so overwhelming to take everything in... But it's all good because God is good. I want to be broken so that all the disgusting (and hidden!) pride inside DIES and the evil sins can be surfaced and realized and confessed and forgiven. I want to experience cleansing and peace and FREEEEEDOMMM! Even though going through brokenness and certain difficult situations really suck and hurt, I'm thankful that God is allowing it because He LOVES me and wants to humble me so that He can show me His grace (1 Peter 5). He wants to break me so that I can realize I am nothing without Him, so that I can go completely to Him, so that He can be glorified. No more being ENSLAVED to guilt and legalism and man's approval and acceptance and whispers from the Enemy. No more. I want to live for God, not man. I want to have Christ-like character. I want to know God more and more each day. I want to love and forgive, just as I am LOVED with His incomparable, unconditional, abundant LOVE and am forgiven by the Saving One. I want to grow and have increasing victory over sin. I want to claim everlasting peace that only God gives.

God, You're INDESCRIBABLY AWESOME. I love You. Thank You for first loving me. You're the One who taught me what love is. You're so worthy of my everything, of ALL of me. You are the Only trustworthy One. You are the Ultimate Discipler. You are the fair Judge, the Lover of Justice. You are a God of clarity, not confusion. You are the Wise King. You are my Faithful Provider. You are the Prayer Answerer. You are the Direction Giver. You are Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Mighty God, Lord of everything, Emmanuel, the Great I AM, Prince of Peace who is the Lamb, Living God, Saving Grace, You will reign forever, You are Ancient of Days, Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end, Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, Best Friend.

Thank You, God, thank You.

1 comment: