Monday, September 14, 2015

He's Always Been Faithful

A dear friend wrote me today and shared that he and his girlfriend broke up yesterday.  My heart goes out to him; I know (if not wholly, then at least in part) how he feels.  This is my heartfelt response to his email:

------------------------

My dear brother ______,

There's so much I want to say to comfort you right now, but I dare not depend on my own human words and efforts to bring you comfort.  I'm asking our Faithful Abba 天父 to comfort both of you.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and theGod of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." -2 Corinthians 1:2-4


"He's Always Been Faithful"

Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful, He's always been faithful
He's always been faithful to me

May your heart be comforted and encouraged by these lyrics!  Keep your eyes on Jesus, beloved brother!

Your loving big sis,
Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment