Monday, September 28, 2015

Last Day at the Lins' + New Home

Saturday 9/26 was my last day living here with the Lins in Reseda.  Definitely a bittersweet day.  The past 2 months living here have been such a joy, comfort, and answer to prayer.  I am so thankful to God for providing this opportunity to live with my dear friends Lisa and Stanley and their baby boy (soon to be toddler) Asher, as well as baby #2 Acacia who is due in December!.

Things I will miss:
  • driving into the garage every night after work and having a parking spot that's indoors
  • my own little "room" down in the basement/storage area where it was my private little space
  • the pitch blackness of my "room" when the lights were off since there are no windows
  • the quiet and privacy of my own secluded space
  • using the Ninja blender with which I would make fruit and veggie smoothies
  • getting cheap(er) gas at Costco since the Lins have a Costco card!
  • the piano that is in my "room" to which I had access to and would sometimes randomly play in the evening at 9pm or the first thing after I wake up in the morning at 9am (will SUPER miss the piano!)
  • receiving handwritten notes from Lisa, which I would find on the dining table when I come home from a long day of work, as well as leaving her notes for her to read when she wakes in the morning
But what I will miss MOST is seeing, fellowshipping, and spending sweet time with my beloved Lins as frequently as I got to the past two months.

Yesterday Sunday 9/27 I moved to Koreatown/Downtown LA area to be near USC GOC, the ministry to which I have committed to serve this year.  It was also my 5th time moving over the span of the past 2 years.  Definitely a lot of work packing, moving, and unpacking/rearranging/reorganizing once again (at times a bit overwhelming and dreadful, I confess), but I was very thankful for the three servant-hearted brothers (Jacky, Whisly, and Albert) who helped me transport my belongings in Westwood to my new home in the "hood".  Super grateful for the family of God!  And thankful for this new opportunity to live in a new place with new roommates to love and serve.  Looking forward to sanctification and growing in Christ-likeness :D

No comments:

Post a Comment