Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Luke 15:1-2

Luke 15: 1-2 (NIV) Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him.  But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."

Luke 15: 1-2 (ESV) Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.”

This morning during quiet time which took place during my brief break at work (setting: bench outside of the hospital building on Plaza level), when I read that Jesus welcomed and received sinners and would even choose to and want to hangout with them so as to share a meal and sit at the same table... unlike the Pharisees and teachers of the law who were irritated, dissatisfied, and grumbling, my heart found much reason to rejoice.  Great reason to rejoice, in fact!  For I belong to that category of "sinners".  And the fact that Jesus, the Holy One - God Incarnate - would want to humbly stoop low from His high place, His lofty throne in Heaven, just to meet me in my messy shame and ugly sinfulness and be my friend and dine with a sinner like me... that just really blows my mind and leaves my heart and soul drowning in joy and hope and thankfulness.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment