Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Heart

An excerpt from my sister Vicky's blog:

Isn’t it interesting how God shows Himself faithful and faithful again, yet I’m still anxious? And then out of my anxiety, I somehow choose to trust my own ways over His? LOL. My own ways...

I wonder what would happen if I really just went God's way. More people would be blessed. His eternal Kingdom would reign rather than my temporary selfish desires. My worries would be replaced with peace that surpasses all understanding. Wouldn't it be neat if answered prayers really drove my life rather than a constant need to control it?

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it.

Oh for grace to trust Him more.

so true, sister. so true. yes i am prone to wander too... may we continue to repent daily -- deep, thorough repentance -- and turn our fickle hearts back to our True Love!

tonight i so happen to be meditating on Jeremiah 17:9-10. let us continue to ask the Lord to guard our hearts -- our hearts that are deceitful yet so precious to Him! and He wants it ALL FOR HIMSELF. may He purify our hearts and make it strong, make it beat for Him. may God be the strength or our hearts and our portion forever (Psalm 73:25-26).

please pray for continual deep healing, freedom, restoration, and peace for me. my body and soul are tempted to grow weary (this quarter is the toughest quarter of Nursing school! and ministry on top of that just makes everything busier) but God is telling me time and time again to cast all my anxieties on Him because He cares and He is good and faithful and full of grace. and because He loves me. He calls me to remember His character.

O Lord GOD, my heart and flesh may fail, but You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Help me to cling onto this promise during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment