Thursday, February 11, 2010

With You With You With You With You With You...

Tonight during Gospel Choir rehearsal, I had a blast sitting next to Helen (we are both Soprano II). I turn to ask her a question:

Frances: Do you listen to hip hop music?

Helen: Not that much.

Frances: Me neither, except maybe the really popular/mainstream songs. So how do you classify Taylor Swift's genre? Is that hip hop?

Helen: More like pop/country.

Frances: Oh yeah!!! (I knew that =P) Hey have you heard of Chris Brown?

Helen: Mmmhmm.

Frances: Do you know his song "With You?"

Helen: Yeah, the first time I heard it was during VSET.

Frances: WHAAAAATT?!? In 2008? Two years ago?? That song's THAAAT old? I heard it for the first time on Monday... thought it was his new single or something because I saw him singing it live onstage for one of those Haiti benefit concerts on TV...

Helen: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I heard it on the train during VSET.

Frances: *a bit embarrassed to admit* I kinda like it =P Well I like the music, not so much the lyrics. I like the guitar in the background. But every time I think of Chris Brown, I think of how he got arrested for beating up Rihanna... did you know about that?

Helen: *shakes head* I don't keep up with that stuff.

Frances: Me neither, but this one was ALL OVER THE NEWS!!!


LOL oh Helen... :]

No comments:

Post a Comment