Monday, July 24, 2017

Return of My Tears

After work today I went up to the 8th floor of the parking lot - otherwise known as the roof - and sat there alone, crying.  I have been feeling sad about something recently.  Someone, actually.  My sadness made me cry out to God, earnestly pleading for Him to help me.  I asked God to help me channel all the desires and affections that I feel for him towards Him.  I asked God to help me trust in Him and to believe that He really has the best in store for me.  Even though my heart was grieving and filled with sorrow, God still gave me a lovely view to feast my tears-filled, water-y eyes upon.  The sky was mesmerizingly beautiful as the sun was setting behind the clouds - spreading it's bright orange hues across the sky, making it look softly golden.  The sky and it's beautiful colors were the first thing that I noticed as I stepped out of the hospital elevators onto the outdoors plaza level.  Even though I felt physically exhausted from a yet another busy work shift, I thought to myself: I have to go to the rooftop in order to get a better view of this breathtaking sight.  

And I'm thankful I did.  Praise You, God.  All glory, worship, and praise be to You forever.

More love to Thee, O Christ, more love to Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment