Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Funny Story #2

Yesterday I admitted an older gentleman who had a syncopal episode (loss consciousness and kinda fell on the street)

He was such a darling older man but did have quite a bit of forgetfulness and would repeat things.  Possibly early-onset dementia

While I was doing a head to toe assessment on him, he looked me in the eye, leaned forward towards me, and whispered (totally out of the blue, no warning, so random), "Would you like me to introduce you to someone?" and smiled genuinely.  Immediately I knew he meant a suitor.

I laughed out loud and jokingly responded, "Are they going to be 75 year olds like you?" and he said "Yes".

It was pretty cute, and I know he meant well, but I'm not sure if he was able to connect the dot that 27yr old me would noooot be interested in a 75yr old anybody hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment